Lilypie Maternity tickers

Monday, October 11, 2010

Good Sunday

Yesterday was an amazing day. It really was the spiritual rejuvenation that I needed. We had Stake Conference and it was so nice to listen to a bunch of talks focused on US. One thing that really stuck out to me that I found weird was that there were at least 2 or 3 talks focused solely on telling members it is NOT ok to NOT go to stake conference and listen to general conference. Apparently there are a LOT of members in our stake that look at those weekends as a day off from church. WOW. George and I are totally on the same page with this issue. No matter what, every Sunday we will be at church. Even if we're on vacation or on of us is sick. At least one of us will be there every week no matter what. After church we had the missionaries over for dinner. They brought this awesome video called "Journey of Faith" where archaeologists and scholars have gone and studied out and found actual proof of where Lehi and his family traveled through Arabia. There is this one point in the video where they show a satellite shot of Arabia and all you see is brown and flat. Desert, blech. Then on the southeast coast there is this tiny spot of green. They shift over to actual video footage of this place and it's so beautiful. This place is "Bountiful" in the Book of Mormon. I can't imagine traveling for 8 YEARS through nothing but desert and bearing and raising children. It must have been horrible. I have so much more respect after seeing how awful that journey must have been. It makes me also have sympathy for Laman and Lemuel. They are looked at as such bad guys, but I think any husband would be frustrated seeing their poor wives struggling through the intense heat while 8 months pregnant. I also think any father would be frustrated when their tiny children are living through this desert lifestyle for years. I think they were definitely silly sometimes ( I mean, they saw an angel for heaven's sake) but I think the murmuring is a little more understandable now.
Pregnancy stuff now: I haven't taken my prenatal vitamins for almost 3 days now. They make me so sick! I am calling my dr in the morning to see if I have any other options. I still am nauseous throughout the day on and off, but I am able to talk myself out of actually throwing up. It's kind of weird, but I just tell myself over and over, "you're not going to throw up, you're fine, just breathe" and drink some ice water and I'm able to move past it for awhile. I'm pretty gaggy in the morning, so I think I'm going to stop taking calls until later in the morning. I talked to Meghan this morning and was gagging like crazy in between talking, but luckily she didn't hear :) When I stand up I can feel that my uterus is getting harder. Kind of fun. Looking forward to my appointment on Friday! 7 weeks tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment